Langkawi x Firefly

A lot of people can't believe this... but I have never been to Langkawi. I know, it sounds weird. But over the years in my life there's been plans that never materialized, and timings that just weren't right, and I guess it just never happened. So when Firefly Airlines invited me to explore Langkawi with some very amazing women.. I couldn't resist. It was perfect because they have a regular service from Subang Airport (which is soo near to me) and I had a really smooth experience. Online check in and just a quick walk to board. I didn't manage to have a proper meal before setting off so I was also very thankful for the snacks on board, and got a cute FY airplane plushie too haha!

This trip was to Discover Langkawi with award winning entrepreneurs from Gramps Asia, a provider of household solutions made from natural ingredients - they're so incredible! Please check them out!), a writer from women's lifestyle publication Lacey Bunny, and myself! Unfortunately due to prior work commitments I had to arrive a little late on the first day, but I was still super stoked! If you want the full itinerary, just scroll down to the end of this post.





One of the activities I missed that morning was the Skycab, the Langkawi Cable Car Ride. It's one of the, if not the, steepest cable car gradient that takes you up 700m in 15 minutes to the top of mount Mat Cincang. This mountain is humongous and is one of the oldest mountains in southeast Asia. There are a couple of stops along the way but the highlight of the ride is the Skybridge at its peak with 360 degree views of the islands! Can't wait to get back here and check it out myself.

The group also went to visit Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi. It's a farm cum theme park with over 1,000 crocodiles showcased in different ponds. For those who are into exotic reptiles, and want to see one of the oldest (and largest) crocodiles in Malaysia, do take a visit. There are a couple of shows that occur throughout the day (such as the feeding time) that would interest people of all ages. I'm particularly interested in the Crocodile Education Centre, would love to go back and learn more about the fascinating creatures. For those interested in shopping for leather goods, they are also available here.

I arrived just in time for dinner with the gang at Nadia's Hotel where we were staying, just across the road from Pantai Cenang. We all took in an early rest because the next morning we were off to.... Jetski!!! This trip really was A LOT of Firsts for me because I'd never jetski'd hahaha. I mean I'd seen it in Port Dickson and various other beaches and thought, yeah okay, nothing too enticing. But given the chance to jet for four hours and island hop around Langkawi.. was a whole different experience.

We went with Megawatersports and ohmygod, it was one of the most fun mornings I'd ever had. Plus it rained so we were drenched, but being able to take breaks and dip into blue waters that was soo peaceful.. ah it's a memory I'll cherish. The price tag may seem a little hefty for some but if you do have the budget please go, our guide Tong was ever so attentive and knowledgeable, and it's so, so worth it. We also dropped by Pulau Dayang Bunting for a quick snack and it's one of the largest freshwater lakes in Malaysia.








Afterwards we had a really good lunch at The Hunggin' Hippo on Pantai Cenang. If I'm not mistaken there's another branch called The Smiling Buffalo. Food is great and the ambiance of the restaurant is very chic. Given the chance, I'd love to walk around and check out more artsy cafes around this island. We were all so tired after the action packed morning that we went back to the hotel to rest before dinner, because it was going to be a treat!

Another Firsts for me on this trip was our sunset cruise with Tropical Charters. We embarked from the Resort World jetty at 430pm and spend about 2 and half hours cruising in the peaceful waters,  and having a barbecued dinner! I felt like such a tai tai just sitting on the deck and watching all the beautiful islands pass by. One of my favourite things from my experience in Langkawi was that it wasn't as crowded as Krabi or Phuket, with just, if not more, beauty and lore. This yatch also allowed people to chill in the water from a net, so that was great too. I only just watched, didn't bring clothes to change, but it looked very relaxing.

You think that'd be it, but after the cruise we hopped back for the last activity of the day... which was go-carting! This was at the newly refurbished Morac Adventure Park. I'd heard a lot of horror stories about go-kart so was a little nervous...but it turned out pretty fine! We registered and was given a safety briefing. My first round on the track I was a little slow.. but after the second lap, I was getting the hang of it! It was extremely thrilling to push your skills, feel the wind on your face as you sped around under the night sky. Will definitely do gokarting again to test out my new talents ewah.. and next time I'm planning to race. (I was so slow that someone asked if I was driving to the market lol)









It was a long day but the weekend was definitely not over yet. Early the next morning we went to the other side of the island to check out Umgawa Zipline. They're located in Malaysia's oldest rainforest area, and has one of the longeessttt zipline at about 200m that crosses over a waterfall! I'm always up for natural adventure and thankfully am pretty cool with heights (must be all the flying haha) so the whole experience was so fun! The service at Umgawa was excellent because upon arrival we were given refreshing lemongrass and citrus juice, and afterwards a really cool citrus face towel and... honestly.. what a treatment. We did the full zipline course (about 17 platforms) and even got to see a sleeping Lemur so the Discover Langkawi ended on an excellent high! (literally hehe).

And that was the end of the trip! I'm so grateful to have been able to experience all the adventures in Langkawi that I wouldn't figure out on my own. Some of the activities may seem a little pricey, which I understand may not work for everyone. But if you're up for a quality experience with great service, education, and experience, it's worth it to splurge in it once in a while. For the adventurous ones, you need to try the jetski, zipline and gokart! For someone who's looking to chill, it'd be great to go on the sunset cruise. There's an activity for everyone. And I hope you guys get to try them out one day.

Thank you so much to Zul and Epul from Firefly Airlines! It was an honour to be included with Kak Nor, Kak Eza and MJ! See you guys on another adventure soon!

FireflyAirlines has a regular service to Langkawi from Penang and  Subang. They offer bundle edals of flight and hotels which can sometimes go up to 50% off, and it's a deal directly with the airlines and no 3rd party cost.  Two great things to note about the airline is that they provide snacks on board and are rarely delayed (on time performance score of 96%!). They also have super cute merchandise which can be bought online or on board. They'll be having new collections of the merchandise soon For more information please visit


Day 01:

Day 02:
Lunch at Huggin Hippo
Dinner at Tropical Charters Sunset cruise (RM250 pp)
Gokart at Morac (RM70pp /10 minutes)

Day 03:
Umgawa Eco Zipline (RM250 / 6 ziplines) 

Hotel: Nadia's Hotel
Flight: Firefly Airlines

1 comments:

  1. Very interesting and helpful tips, many thanks for sharing them
    If you want to make your journey hassle-free then this option is best for you.cheap Luton airport parking

    ReplyDelete

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter