Travel Skincare



One of the questions (besides money lol) that I get most about travelling, is about self care, and specifically, skin care. The changing climates, air pressures, and exposure to the sun has taken it's toll on my skin in the past few years. It used to be thankfully low maintenance (or maybe I was just careless haha) but recently I've taken measures to really start caring, because prevention is better than cure am I right? Anyway, here are the products I've been using for the past couple of years, some of which are my favourites that I've replenished over and over again!

I did a video on this (Which is embedded at the end of this post!) but otherwise, here's a more detailed explanation on the products I use :)




1. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser
I started off my daily skincare routine with Kiehl's years back and I've never looked back since. It was given to me as a gift but worked so well on me that I kept buying it afterwards. My skin is around the range of normal to dry (though it gets pretty oily around that time of the month) and this cleanser is very gentle and doesn't leave my face feeling sticky or prickly after I wash it. 10/10 would recommend. Also, it's got travel size and normal size options.



2. Kiehl's Calendula Toner
I'm still in the process of finding the perfect toner. For now I'm using this one from the Kiehl's Calendula range, but to be honest, it leaves my skin a little bit dry after multiple uses. Previously I used the Ultra Facial toner, and I've also tried Safi Balqis White Trilogy toner. Both are great, but I'm gona keep exploring more on this. I think if you have normal to oily skin, the Calendula range would work great.


3. Shiseido Ibuki Softening Concentrate
I fell in love with the Ibuki range after I received a couple of sample bottles during the event. This softening concentrate is amazing! It leaves my skin feeling smooth, hydrated, and not sticky or heavy at all (which is especially great for humid or dry weather). The whole Shiseido Ibuki range is worth checking out in my opinion... unfortunately I'm not sure if they're still available in Malaysia aa. When I'm not travelling, I normally just slap some of this on my face if I'm rushing to work. The other alternative I used on a daily basis is a face mist. I'm exploring  more of the mists but for now am using Safi Dermasafe Hydrate & Refresh Booster Mist. I know a mist and a concentrate are two completely different things but let's roll with this.



4. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
My MVP, My Ultimate, My Soulmate, The Ronaldo to my Football.. lol. I've been using this for years. Lightweight, hydrating, creamy, easy to bring around, wear all year round through multiple seasons (although I need a bit more during winter). 10/10 would recommend as well.



5. The Body Shop Drops of Youth Eye Cream
My bestfriend Kai made me try this out and of all the eye creams I've tried (Kiehl's, Garnier, Olay...) this is my favourite! I feel like this is magic and if you look at the photo you've seen that it's been through a lot because I bring it everywhere. The perfect pick me up, size, I normally roll a bit onto my finger then dab my 'bags with it. I personally feel like there's improvements and will be restocking on this. If you're looking for an eye cream give this a try.



6. Dermal Therapy Dry Skin Lotion
Not during travelling, but after travelling, I'm starting the ritual of deep moisturising haha. The texture of this is slightly thicker and creamier but it does the trick in making my skin feel extremely pampered.



7. Dermal Therapy Very Dry Skin Cream
I use this specifically for my feet and hands. The soles of my feet are worn out after a whole lot of walking normally and I'm in the process of rehabilitating them.


8. Sunplay Sunblock SPF 120
I've used Bananaboat and Vaseline suncreen before this, and it's great except for the smell and personally feels a bit heavy and sticky on my skin. This year I'm trying out Sunplay and so far I can only say good things about it. For my travels I used the travel sized SPF 120. Admittedly the smell can get a bit strong when you first apply but it's fantastic! It's a bit watery but very light which I appreciate and the SPF 120 has protected me through summers in the Turkish plains, Vietnamese beaches and islands so I'd definitely recommend. On a daily basis I simply use the Sunplay Skin Aqua SPF 50+ which is just nice and light :)

Here are some of the other things in my toiletries arsenal...

Soap & Glory Bath Shower Gel
I stocked up on these in London, but I think you can buy them online. This is completely personal but I love the smell and the thickness of this gel.

Pantene Smooth & Silky Shampoo & Pantene Smooth & Silky Conditioner
Dope. I normally use L'OREAL when I'm not travelling, but Pantene is becoming my go-to when I travel because it's proven itself against the harsh salt water from all the Island hopping I did this summer.

Kerasys Hair Oil
I bought this from a random drugstore in Jeju Island while I was in Korea last February. It's alright. Maybe there are better ones out there. But a travel sized hair oil is a real good investment.

Batiste Dry Shampoo
One of the best dry shampoo brands out there.

Perfume, Hand Sanitiser, Nivea Body Lotion, Wet wipes, Travel Hairbrush, Tissues, Spare hair ties, ladies' toiletries, deodorant :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter