Seagate Fast SSD




Here's something I have that I didn't think I needed, but has made my life easier in the time that I've used it. I've already a couple of hard disks and pen drives on rotational usage but this one is coming out as a top tier daily partner because above all else, it has the reliability of a sturdy hard disk, but the portability of, and a better size suitability than, a pen drive.

Introductions first - the Seagate Fast SSD is a compact and portable SSD.

A lot of people ask me the difference between a HDD and an SSD and truth is, they function the same, just that the interior technical structures are different. In short, the HDD has higher storage capacity, but can be a bit fragile to drops and shocks as it's got moving parts. The SSD has a lower storage capacity, but are in essence a bit more durable, and smaller.

Personally I use my HDD as backups for all of my photos and documents. On the other hand this SSD as a quick transfer, mobile storage unit that I can bring everywhere with me (years of losing pendrives has honestly made me a little frustrated).

This Seagate Fast SSD so far lives up to it's name. I've tried copying multiple videos and they are all transferred within impressive periods. It's also packed in a really nice size - super sleek, thin enough to slot in purses and pocket, and very lightweight. It also has a usb-c to usb-c connector!!! I'm extra stoked on this very basic need because I can connect it directly to my macbook pro without having to go through the hassle of using a toggle haha.


USB-C to USB-C!


Super thin and light. 


Just be wary that the pretty surface may get scratched (if you're super anal, maybe you'd want to wrap it in something) but it's shock resistant so worry not for your data if it falls. It comes in four storage capacities 250GB, 500GB, 1TB and 2TB. I got the 500GB one as I'm using this as an on-the-go unit, rather than a backup storage unit. The box comes with both usb-c and usb-c to Type A connector.

As someone who's looking to commute a lot, the fast read/write speed is something I'd genuinely appreciate in my travels without the worry of having to carry my very hard disks around when I'm travelling and want to transfer my photos. If you're looking for a reliable and portable harddisk to travel with I'd surely recommend this one.

You can find further information on the Seagate website here ;) https://www.seagate.com/as/en/consumer/backup/fast-ssd/ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter