MAUSEMBANG: SIMPAN DUIT




So this video recently resurfaced on my facebook again, and I felt like I should elaborate. Not one to encourage sensationalism haha.

Keeping it real - I gotta clarify that it took a bit more than 3 months to get to that whole figure. I think the overall period was about July - January back in '13, and so essentially it was slightly over half a year's worth of saving up and taking on numerous jobs, as well as my daily work at RTM during that the overall period. Plus, I was living with my parents, drove my old kancil, used maxis top up, which eliminated bills and lessened petrol money. Although, by this time, my parents did not give me allowance anymore.

I believe RM20K in three months is definitely possible with the right discipline and right job scope (established photographers, models, entrepreneurs, artists etc have been known to receive more) so it is possible!

The main message in this though, for me, is the value of independence and determination. I recognise my privilege in being healthy and able bodied, of sound mind, with supportive parents who are open to the idea of my travelling. I also understand that it was a combination of attitude and skill that enabled me to go out there and find all the part time jobs, link with strangers to offer them my services, and surround myself with a support system that enabled this. The circumstances are what you make of it, really.

To end this though, imperatively, I believe that if it's meant for you, and if you work hard for it, and prioritise it and you're sincere in wanting it, insyaAllah the goals that you pursue will be yours. But you have to invest extra spice and guts to make it happen. So start, even if it's small. Just do it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter