Scents of Life



Had the absolute pleasure of attending the #scentsoflife opening by The Body Shop Malaysia earlier this week. I appreciate it so much it when brands go the extra mile and choose to collaborate and educate their consumers on their works. This time round The Body Shop had invited Roger Schmid, scents extraordinaire, and also the coordinator of global innovation for Natura & Co., which heads The Body Shop brand, and even Aesop, to share about the background of perfumes.

Perfumes have gone such a long way, historically and geographically. Starting off as a concoction to combat the stinkiness of people back in the day when showers weren't a regular thing, to becoming exquisite political gifts and agents of socializing (it was a huge part of the Roman baths and class structure of societies. As in, if you smelled good, you're probably rich haha). Culturally it became signatures of characters and personality in Europe (iconic scents a la Chanel no 5), before evolving to something mass, active and more personal in America. 

Brief history aside, the event allowed to us test out all the scented from new range! There was a whole wheel of the ranges of  spritzes, fragrances and essences. If I’m not mistaken, these vary in terms of lightness and durability if I'm not mistaken. My personal favourite was the Red Fixation scent (I'm such a floral / sweet tones sort of person). I went home with a bottle of the Sweet Love (vanilla, anyone?) spritz that I got to etch with my name! Along with a tube of Happy Go Lash mascara and the Paint In Colour Eyeshadow pallette from the makeover station. 

So so excited to finally meet the team behind this brand whose values I really appreciate, and whose products I really enjoy! The Scents of Life range is available in stores now <3 

All mine! Ha!

Loving the colours and shimmer on these!! The other option was a nude palette but I wanted to go for something slightly more colourful. 

Happy go lash mascara! and a gift set to die for... 


Thank you so much Bodyshop Malaysia! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter