CANDY GIRL


SAGA of the CANDY GIRL
Caving in to her cravings for candy, the candy girl refuses to listen to reason and succumbs to her sweets. 






This was my first time directing and photographing a crafted shoot.  It being a creative concept, there were so many elements to consider - the narrative, the wardrobe, the make up, the venue, the lighting, the effects, the angle.. to name a few. It was discussed and put together within one week - the initial concept was a standard pop vibrant candy shoot, but it morphed into this twisted version of a zombified, neon, sweet-loving skinny kid. I had so much fun learning how to adjust and control the lightings, finding props for the shoot, and figuring out how best to present this. The winning element was the plastic make up bag that I used as a filter to get the strobe/holographic effect across the visuals. Those weren't photoshopped! It was a whole experience to play with the material frame it across my lens in such a way. I am honestly so proud and happy with these photos, and I hope it's a signifier to an awesome journey ahead in exploring this field of photography. 


Final assignment for my Canon EOS Youth Porgram - Creative Portrait. 
Mentored by Victor Tong.
Camera: 6D
Make up: Nor Asyikin Abdullah
Model: Azalea
Venue: Scoops Ice Cream Parlour, Seksyen 9, Shah Alam

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter