PHOTO PRINTS: ROME

Kicking off the weekend with my second collection of photo prints! This will be the last one for the next three months, as life is getting in the way of things for October and November. I'm open to writing messages on them on the front or back for you :D These are going to be mailed via normal post, but if you would like to request pos laju, I'm happy to send it if you're willing to pay additional cost (for postcards, rm5, for photographs, RM8). Orders are also open for those outside of Malaysia!

Again, thank you so so much for enjoying the visuals my travels. So many crazy and magical moments occurred behind these images. I hope you get to feel as much love for them as I do.


ROME 


Order is closed.

Rome happened sometime in early 2015, when I just wanted to escape the gloomy weather in London, and ended up in Italy's capital for a couple of days. The little streets, the historic monuments, the food... the whole place was so beautiful. 

My favourite memories of Rome was just following my heart and curiosity. No fixed routes, no proper itineraries, no set plans.. just being very open to exploring all the little alleys and cafes, of which there were plenty in the city! My favourites memories collected below in the captions..




ROME 01
The Trevi fountain, throw in a coin once for a wish, and two to meet the love of your life. Went here once in the evening, and the place was teeming with tourists, so crowded, couldn't even get a seat. But got back here again later at night, when it was a bit quieter, a bit more still, where music from the streets could be heard above the bubbling fountain, and around me couples were sitting and eating ice cream, and the blue water cast shadows of light on the buildings.. it was a quiet sort of magic in one of the most hectic capitals. I wonder if the wishes I wished would come true. I hope yours do. 


ROME 02
The ruins of the Roman Forum. Truth be told I had not heard of this place prior to stumbling here. Ruins and ruins of old rocks and pillars and gateways that took your breath away. The history is so majestic, so warped with war and decay, that every time my eyes settled on something, or my fingers pressed upon a rough surface, I couldn't help feeling that I was just another human speck in the grand timeline of the world. Humans leave such marks on this earth. I hope mine will be a good one. 



ROME 03 
It really doesn't get any more epic than the Roman Colosseum. Nough said. 


ROME 04 
A sight of Rome from above, one very sunny morning. This is the picturesque vista that greets me whenever I climb up to the rooftops of this city. But this particular morning, with the warm light illuminating the little streets, locals going about their day, the beautiful colours... I'm so happy I got to capture this moment because even looking at it now, way down the road, I still want to inhale the sense of adventurous satisfaction that I had when I first saw it. 


ROME 05. 
Palazzo Valentini from the Vittoria Emanuel (Altar of the Fatherland) building. 
The Vittoria Emanuel building is immense - the sheer scale and height of it is hard to articulate. I initially didn't want to include this photo, but it was the layers of this view that caught me again - I keep coming back to this and wanting to just walk through to see all of the buildings and stories and activities hidden behind the architecture. 
p/s: There's a lift that goes right up to the rooftop if you want to enjoy some cool views! 


Karycacia Roma. <3 

1 comments:

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter