Stylechatter with MKITA

So sometime in January, I was selected to be part of the lineup of Stylechatters by Mimpikita, this time under their sister brand Mkita! I am honestly not much of a super cool stylo fashion persona, but what girl doesn't love to dress up once in a while? The Mkita campaign celebrated some amazing women across a number of fields, and who can turn down such a honour?

They launched the line in February, which you can view here: Mkita Collections .  Personally I love that it's a very casual, simple, and elegant collection, that is so suitable for practical girls who are always on-the-go. I'm also appreciating the details on the garments, the loose silhouettes, the soft patterns. If you read the interview with dance extraordinaire Farhana Azmin, you'll see how versatile the tops are. As for myself, I'm featured wearing the oversized batwing shirt in red.

The most exciting part of the experience was shooting with Lokalab at Batu Caves. Since we had to record me in my element, the location, with its famous stairs, ornate carvings and monkeys was a fun take! I'd been to Batu Caves ages ago (it's well worth a trip to climb the 272 steps to view the caverns at the top) so the territory was a little familiar. It was a fair task to keep my composure between the light drizzle, the crowds, the pigeons, and even the monkeys, but overall it was an eyeopening experience to make sure the baju looked good haha!

The collection launch for Mkita was at Serai Pavillion and I got to take Sarah with me. In attendance was some of the most admirable people in the local fashion world! It was all I could to just stay chill and not stare too much at all the socialites, celebrities, and beautiful people gathered at the venue hahaha. How do all these women look so stylishly impeccable? What do they drink? Is there some make up academy I missed while I was gone? Goodness so amazing! The biggest thanks to the talented creatives behind Lokalab and Mimpikita and thank you for having me!













----

1. Tell us a bit of yourself…& how to actually pronounce your name *wink emoji* Hi! My name is Acacia… and it’s pronounced A-ka-sha. I know, it’s different. My mother was studying in Australia when she heard of the name and fell in love with it (it’s actually the name of a plant!). A lot of people get confused and some even ask why I chose that name – I didn’t. It’s really on my IC. If I wanted a ‘nama glamour’, I would’ve picked something easier lol! I’m a Part II architect, I graduated last year from University of Greenwich in London (it’s such a beautiful campus guys). I love travelling and photography, and my dream destination is Bolivia. Why Bolivia? Have you SEEN the Salar de Uyuni! I’ve wanted to go there since I was 12! Other than that, I’m the eldest out of 3 siblings, I was born and raised in the UK til I was 13, and I love pau kaya!
2. What makes you shift from an architecture graduate to a Designer/Brand Consultant? A lot of people seem to think that you have to pursue a career in what you study. Especially architecture, which is a professional course, and takes a long time to complete! (6 years for a masters). But I enjoyed the various practices within architecture – design, visual communication, photography, conceptuals, and I also wanted to diversify my skill into business, marketing, and branding. When this company recruited me, it felt like a great opportunity to grow. My superior is one of the best branding minds in the country, with a portfolio that includes Leo Burnett, Petronas, and Air Asia. I don’t believe in pigeon-holing or defining yourself in one singular pursuit. People are multidimensional, and your interests or your life should be a reflection of what you enjoy. Technically right now, I’m still utilising my favourite parts of architecture, but with the added exposure to explore something new! 

----


TI'm sharing with you a snippet of my Stylechatter feature on this blog. The rest, you can read here: Stylechatter with Acacia Mardiana


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter