Postcards from Sydney

Some visual love letters from Sydney.

I've mentioned this a million times I think - but Sydney was the first trip that I'd ever taken on my own, without my parents, at the age of 21. It was one of the best trips I'd ever had. I got to stay with my friend's family who made me one of their own, and we travelled all around Sydney and to Melbourne too. 

Amongst all the beautiful sights I'd seen over the years, the colour of the sky of my days in Australia stands out in my memories. It just kept changing in various shades of vibrants hues in that late August. We hung out at the quads in UNSW, walked around CBD, visited the Arts and Science museum, lounged around the botanical gardens, went to see the Opera House and took a boat to the docklands to see the fireworks show. If my kids ever ask me when was I ever young and carefree, this time in my life would be described as where it all started. I actually shared one of the photos in this series on instagram with the following caption:

"That day of going around museums, feeding parrots at botanical gardens, a boat ride to Darling Harbour.. I was 21 in this photo. I had just finished my degree - and this was my first ever trip abroad on my own. I remember crying on the flight home because I didn't know if I would ever have the rezeki to travel again. I had less than rm100 in my account bank then. But I made the decision to see the world. So I worked hard and saved up - and 7 months later, got to go to Tokyo with my bestfriend, without a cent from anyone.

Trust me when I say I've been there - takde duit, failed, looking at other people and their amazing pursuits, wishing so hard that I could do that :'( I'm not saying that travelling is the coolest or the most important - I'm saying, one day InsyaAllah, you're gona be on the other side. You're going to be the one posting colourful photos or attending board meetings or scoring that goal. The one people are looking at and saying 'whoa!' I'm telling you to work hard for that day, and then, keep working." 

All my love. 










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter