Home landscapes

In light of the Restricted Movement Order in Malaysia, and the worldwide travel ban, I felt like I needed an outlet to unleash my creativity and channel the stress. I had a camera, and the idea to record the moments of my RMO experience. So I decided to travel around my house, and challenge myself to shoot one scenery a day just to bond with my EOS R! 

The were three main guidelines that I applied for this - that it had to be shot at home, that it had to be shot with natural light, and that it had to reflect my activities during the RMO (because, if I were to just to a dioramas and miniatures, I could do it based off anything anytime). So without further ado! Here's the series! Thank you so much to everyone who enjoyed these. Keep creating. 




Day 01 - The Great Flour Alps. 

A prime destination in the south east of Peru. The mirror lake reflecting the snow/salt is a must visit for every traveller. Ha. 🗻

Theme: Decluttering - one of the most productive parts of staying home. Am finally forced to look at all the clutter and get rid of what’s needed. I found some expired coffee and pinched a bit of flour to get this one done. Referenced some salt lakes and one of my old photos from Austria. Used one of my mums paintings for the sky. Kelakar ok buat snowy landscape tengah2 panas kena gigit nyamuk! Let this be a memory of all the ‘decluttering’ this RMO. 

Day 2 - The Rocks of Laundry

A hidden gem in the Arizona - Utah plains. Quirky for its balanced rock formation - some say it even looks like cat ears. 🐱

Theme: Laundry - basically domestic chores 😂 at home ive just been using the same clothes over and over and at one point I just decided to rearrange some of the same coloured clothes and my gym socks this formation. But I took inspiration from my trip to Arizona in ‘18. Banyak kali ok try rearrange towels and all to make it look like rocks- one of the stinkiest project yet. Let this be a memory of all the ‘decluttering’ this RMO. 


Day 3! Aurora glistening over Pillow Hills in My Bed, Iceland. 

In winter this place gets covered in snow and the lights come up to dance - it’s a surreal experience. 🌌

Theme: Bed - I think we all have to admit this past month there have been days where we just… stay in bed. Today was one of those days for me. Then somehow I noticed the light on my bedsheets and decided to experiment with a cool case. I’ve used this once before during a conceptual photoshoot so it isn’t new. The flares were layered and darkened/highlighted on photoshop to give the shape of an aurora. Its not much noise - just stains from the case. At least I’ve been to Iceland this RMO. Haha!



Day 4 - The Balls & Bells Sculpture on Yoga Mat National Park. 

A newly opened art landscape in Auckland, New Zealand. This sculpture speaks to me so much - it says get that butt going.

Theme: Working Out - almost everyday this past month I’ve dedicated at least 30 mins to sweat out. Be it weights, reps, yoga, mini walks, ping pong.. The luxury of a semi fluid schedule has enabled me to get pumping in between work and projects, and I’m pretty thankful. Since it’s a big part of my RMO I wanted to put it in this series somehow. Took the liberty of recolouring my yoga mat, ping pong balls, and dumbbell to be more ~landscape art~ . I wish I had scale people, or scale trees, or scale anything, oh well. 



Day 5 - The Teluking Pyramid in the Sajadah Desert. 

Very hot. Located somewhere far away from Giza, Egypt.

Theme: Prayers - one of the biggest blessing this RMO is having the chance to pray jemaah with my family. I think it’s been years since we’ve done this. But this past month, everyday, at least two prayers together. i reshot this a lot of times, trying to get lighting and draping just right. this challenge is getting harder everyday especially since i give myself an RMO theme and to use natural lighting =_= 



Day 6 - Kitten Valley in the south of Italy. 

In the summer the colours of this field turn golden and beautiful. ⠀

Theme: Cats - being at home this RMO, I get to play with my super cute kittens a lot and I’m so glad i got to squeeze them into this series! Thank GOD they were sleeping and I got this shot hahaha. It was such a challenge otherwise, I tried this one numerous times.



Day 7 - A sheet of blue ice glistening over the snow in Anartica, where the volume of ice is decreasing due to global warming.⠀

Theme: cleaning. I was sweeping my porch when the sun hit the blue plastic bag and my dustpan and I thought, why not? Inspiration tends to hit anywhere I guess. I’ve fallen in love with abstract landscapes lately. Nature is so amazing guys - but so are the things you have at home 💙 hope everyone is keeping safe. 


Day 8 - Cracked Cushion landscapes and brown Cloth Hills in Navarre, Spain, forming some beautiful patterns. In some areas, the summer has become drier as climates shift.

Theme: sofa. Just like bed, fridge, sofa is has also been a major home destination lol. I’ve been sitting on it too much I guess, til I noticed the wear on the leather seats (its so old!). There’s something so similar about macro and drone landscape shots. Either way I’m enjoying how abstract this project is becoming. 



Day 9 - Canyon of Cards and Books, jenga boulders. 

This colourful site located in the areas near Wadi Rum, Jordan. A place well known for its colourful orange alien landscapes. The rock formations in these area are so beautiful and should be highlighted more! 

Theme: Games and Reading. So thankful for RMO that’s allowed to spend time playing card games with the family and reading so many books. Since this RMO phase seems to be ending, this is going to be the last one in a while. Everyone - please stay safe. Please be mindful and take precautions if you have to go out. Thank you again so much for enjoying these!

















1 comments:

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter