My Favourite Airport

Over the past year I started a Twitter thread that says 'Mood' together with pictures of myself napping at various airports around the world. Looking back at the thread makes me feel so nostalgic and amused - I mean, there's been so many transits and take-offs that's happened throughout the past year. It's no doubt that I've had the privilege of checking out so many airports throughout my travels! From ones that look like mini bus stations, to first class lounges that have cinema rooms, to ones that are just so beautifully designed...







In my years of travelling though, nothing quite beats the feeling of arriving in the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. Maybe I'm biased because it's home, but honestly I just have so many fond memories in this place. It's like every time I go there to depart I know I'm on the way to an epic adventure, and every time I land it's just the excitement of getting my favourite local food (helloo teh tarik and roti canai) as soon I can! Hearing the staff greet me in Malay as soon as I land, and seeing the lush greenery around the building is just so welcoming. KLIA has symbolised so many turning points in my life, it's almost like an old, familiar friend to me.


Besides that, you can't deny that KLIA is one of the most beautiful airports ever! The spaciousness, the glistening interiors, the departure halls with its structures. It's been amazingly designed by Kisho Kurokawa and team in 1993. If you look at photos from when it was built and compared to now, you gotta give the management kudos at keeping it well! There are so many nice corners in the building, that it's the perfect opportunity for you to take as many photos as possible. Which brings me to share to you about the Instagram Contest that Malaysia Airports is hosting!


With the theme: 'Happy Guests, Caring Hosts', Malaysia Airports invites all Malaysian citizens aged 18 and above to join this Instagram competition. The contest period is from 1 October to 1 December 2019, and what you have to do is follow these steps..

Step 1: Follow Malaysia Airports’ Instagram account '@malaysiaairports'. Remember to set your Instagram account to 'Public', or else they won't be able to see your posting.


Step 2: Repost the contest poster on your Instagram account and tag @malaysiaairports and 3 of your friends


Step 3: Post your entry with a photo and a catchy caption. Include the hashtag #MYairportsjoyfulmoments and #HappyGuestsCaringHost and tag @malaysiaairports. The caption must be written in either English or BM only.

Additional details: 

Contest period: 1 October 2019 until 1 December 2019

• Open to all Malaysian citizens aged 18 and above including employees of Malaysia Airports (except from Corporate Communications Division)
• Maximum 5 submission posts per account. However, only 1 photo will be chosen.
• No borders/frames/watermarks/signatures/copyright notices may be added to the images
• Submitted entries must be original (both photo and caption)
• Winners will be contacted via Instagram within 2-3 weeks after the Contest Period

FIVE winners will be selected to get RM 1,000! And 10 consolation prizes of RM250. Seriously, all you have to do is head over to any airport nearest to you and snap a pic cos who knows.. it could be your lucky day! For further details you can check out Malaysia Airport  website, Instagram, and TwitterBRB Guys I'm off to snap some more photos ! 





2 comments:

  1. Amazing blog post.
    For hussle free parking services check the link below
    airport parking Stansted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting and helpful tips, many thanks for sharing them
    If you want to make your journey hassle-free then this option is best for you.
    Manchester airport parking deals

    ReplyDelete

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter