Jeju Island

From Jeju Island. February 2019. 
Shot with Canon 5DSR.











Jeju Island surprised me with it's beauty. I'd seen enough images over the years to have a candid idea of what it would be like, but what I did not expect was the quiet, humble beauty of this island. It sits, on the southernmost part of Korea, as a small gem of natural vistas, all shimmering with a glowing pride. 

Maybe it was the sea breeze that really pulled me in, or the endless sights of blue water wherever we went around the coast. Maybe it was even the fact that I just appreciated the space - the small buildings, charming little alleys, then the countryside opening up to gorgeous waterfalls and rocky beaches.

Three stops ultimately captures my memory of this small place. The hike up towards Seonsang Ilchulbong Peak, cumulates to a view of Jeju spread in front of you, and a humongous crater filled with green grass behind you. Jeongbang Waterfall, as the sun set, as people frolicked all over the black boulders, with the salty spray fluttering around the sunlight. And Seopjikoji, which was filled with sunshine and the lighthouse overlooking the sea.

It all enveloped me in a wistful calm. What a beautiful place. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

TUMBLR

Instagram

Twitter